Pages

Friday, March 17, 2006

Ok, so this is not my cat. (This is Friday cat blogging, btw.) This is Leo, who is the lion at the Central Park Zoo in new York City. I don't know who took this picture, but I think it is beautiful. The stark grey winter background, his amazing tawny colour, and the roar? yawn? It's amazing.

The thing I like about cats, (and I have two) is that from the largest to the smallest, they are virtually the same in behaviour. Leo at several hundred pounds purrs about the same things my six-pound Siamese Diva does. Their motivations are roughly the same, though the only thing my twenty-pound Norwegian hunts for is a warm place to sleep. When I look into their eyes, however, even my poor stupid Oberon has a slightly mysterious, wild look that I see in the eyes of the wildest African cheetah.

Anyway, Oberon and Diva will have their pictures posted tonight when I get home.

No comments: