Pages

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Liturgical Dorkiness

Ok, So here I am sitting in the Bodleian, and I should be reading. Sitting on my work table are "Recovering Mother Kirk: The case for Liturgy in the Reformed Tradition" by D.G. Hart; "The English Way of Death", by Julian Litten (a great picture book of cemeteries and coffins and hearses from 1450) and Paul Sheppy's book "Death Liturgy and Ritual, Volume I.

Instead, I am blogging. My new friend Kyle Potter (Check the link to his amazing blog at the right) and I were all excited this week because we thought that today was the Feast of Corpus Christi, and all the high Anglo-Catholic churches and chapels here in Oxford would have Solemn High Masses and Processionals.

We were wrong.

We didn't read the poster outside of Pusey House carefully enough.

The Feast of Corpus Christi is two weeks from now, after Trinity Sunday, on June 15.

We have followed too much the desires of our own hearts, and for that, we are truly repentant.

Back to the reading.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

How humiliating.

James J. Olson said...

Or, as Homer would say; "DOH!"